Sunday, September 28, 2014

Book Signing and Reading with Salt Lake County Library Services

This 'new-b author' keeps putting herself out there and learning so much. The Salt Lake County Library Services held their first ever LOCAL AUTHOR & YOU conference this past Saturday, September 27th., from 1:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. I applied and was accepted to be signing with many Utah authors. As I walked into the author-hall, I just stood in awe to be there. My Joe helped me carry in my books thorough the torrent rain and enjoyed the entire experience with me. I was scheduled to do a presentation/reading at 4:30 p.m. (as this point I wondered WHY I had volunteered to do this) when it hit me that by then things would be winding down; who would attend my presentation? Sure enough, no one was in the storytelling room except me, my Joe, and my  mentor from the Library System, Dan. I gave them my presentation anyway, just to get in some practice for future such opportunities.  What a wonderful day to be called Local Utah AUTHOR.



No comments:

Post a Comment